Monday, October 29, 2007

A Great Weekend!

Three things happened this weekend that were wonderful!

1. My grandparents celebrated their 60th Wedding Anniversary. We went to east Texas to spend some time with the whole family and honor them with a party! We also attempted to take a huge family photo. Here is one of the results:



We had a great time with all of the aunts, uncles, cousins, and BABIES!


2. We had a Halloween party at our house last night. It was tons of fun to see everyone's creative costume ideas. Here are some pics:

Kate & Brandon dressed up as a Sonic car-hop on skates and a corvette.

There's a good story...My first job was as a Sonic car-hop. One day my manager told me try out the skates, and I was a good skater, so I agreed! Well, I was taking an order of Route 44 drinks to a truck near the back of the row. I had my eyes set on the truck I was skating to, and I didn't realize that a black corvette's hood was way out in my skating lane. I managed to skate under his hood, face plant onto his shiny black corvette, spill the drinks all over his car and myself, and scratch his paint with the bottom of the sonic tray. Sooooo....Kate & Brandon thought they would make light of that story and dress the part. I have to admit...it was hilarious!

Here I am pretending to be mad at Kate. (Don't you love the wig?!?! She actually borrowed the Sonic uniform from a car-hop she didn't even know!)


The Strader Family. Or the Presley family...whichever...


The corny Campbells! There is a story behind their costumes as well...but I don't even want to go there! You'll just have to ask Kevin...


All of the kids! This was the best picture I could get with this many kids!


Ava and Jacob looking SO CUTE in their costumes (monkey & Diego from Dora) and glasses:


Drum roll please....
For their first Halloween, the boys dressed up as.....
....
.....
......
.......

Charlie Brown and Snoopy!



(these are two of the boys' favorite high school girls.)

Hopefully we will take a better picture of their costumes this week. They are adorable!


OK...moving on to the most exciting thing about last weekend....


3. Landon and Whitney are ENGAGED!!!!

Before...


After...


Seriously, could they be any cuter?!?

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
We are sooo pumped for them!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicole said...

We had SO much fun!! Some of those costumes were hilarious!! We had a great time and all the costumes were very original. It is stressful trying to keep up with this small groups imagination!! :) Thanks for hosting the party! You and Zach are always GREAT hosts.

Nicole said...

Sorry! That first one was from me under my old account!

Candy said...

Great post! I was so glad I got to see the boys in their costumes at Trunk or Treat. They are so cute! Great small group photos! And yea!! for Landon and Whitney!!

Kate said...

We had a blast! And it was fun being curly-headed for a night. Brandon will keep practicing his hydraulic dance moves. Dressing up just never gets old.

Wendy said...

The boys need to be in costume at Huddle because I didn't get to see them at Trunk or Treat. The pics are cute, but I need to see them in person!

Summer said...

Thanks for hosting! We love dressing up with the Sheets! I loved the pics of Landon and Whitney. . . we are so excited!

Anonymous said...

The boys looked so cute in their outfits! Thanks for a great party. And that's so exciting for Landon and Whitney...they are such a great couple...great pictures!

Shannon Burton said...

Love the halloween party! Love the boys costumes! But the best shot of them is the group pic of the kids where they are in the bumbo seats! HA. Too funny. And we are so so pumped for Landon and Whitney!! YAH!

Allison said...

the boys look so precious...love the costumes!

Candy said...

I went back and enlarged that first photo and I couldn't help but notice that your whole family looks normal and then there's Zach. He cracks me up.

Jenna said...

I loved looking at your pictures! Looks like the costume party was so much fun. And I love the boys' costumes... That's perfect!