Monday, January 11, 2010

Touch a Life

It's hard to believe that child slavery and trafficking is happening across our world right now. I know that I get caught up in my daily life, and many times I don't think at all about what is going on outside of my little bubble. The month of January is National Slavery and Human Trafficking Prevention Month (who knew?!?... now you do!)

In an effort to help prevent this evil from happening all around you, please take time to look at the Touch A Life Ministry website.

There are many options for you to get involved at any level. I just saw on their website that there is a 100% Donation Matching going on right now, so act fast and get your donation doubled!

If anything, get the word out to those around you! Ignorance is just a lack of awareness. Remind yourself of the amazing blessings in your life, and ask yourself how you are using your abundance (of love, knowledge, money, faith, kindness) to change the lives of people who have little.


While I'm at it, I'm going to make a plug for another organization.
Eternal Threads is based out of Abilene, and their mission is to help provide an income to women and young ladies who are rescued from sex trafficking and other horrible circumstances. Their website is filled with products that are handmade by women in Madagascar, Nepal, India, Thailand, and Afghanistan. Their products make wonderful gifts for women in your life. I purchased an Eternal Threads gift for every woman in my family for Christmas. There's so much variety and really cute stuff. (AND...they have SUPER cute animal hats for kiddos and some beautiful infant stuff too!) Check 'em out!

3 comments:

Cassie said...

I hadn't heard of Eternal Threads (LOVE the name) until you mentioned it on your blog a few posts ago. I will most certainly be buying gifts from them from now on! What a neat ministry!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting us know about the site and organization. I have though about this quite a bit since Derran and Ann are in Thailand. I think it is a prominent problem there. This reminds me of the sermon yesterday about Christians pooling our resources and taking care of the injustices of the world. There is certainly enough money out there.We just have to shift the focus off of ourselves. . .

Summer

Lyndi said...

What a great reminder of what is really important. Thanks for the info.