Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I Was Tagged

I am supposed to write 7 Random things about myself. I usually don't do these things, but I have nothing else to blog about right now! Things are just coasting along right now, and we are getting ready for Thanksgiving. Stay tuned next week for some fun pictures from our New England Thanksmas Vacation.
OK, on to my weirdness...

1. Zach buys most of my clothes. Some of you already know this, but it's the truth. About 90% of the time that I am wearing something cute/trendy, it is from Zach. He can even pick out jeans WITHOUT ME TRYING THEM ON. It's amazing folks, truly amazing.

2. I grew extra sets of teeth. I've had numerous surgeries on my mouth for jaw alignment, but I have also had 3 sets of teeth for some teeth. I lost the baby tooth, in came the permanent tooth, and then x-rays showed another tooth coming in! Sorry, that's kind of gross.

3. I have a foot fetish. I notice peoples' feet. I could look at any of my friends' feet (without seeing their faces) and put the feet with the person. You could even just be an acquaintance, but I bet I could identify your toesies.

4. My hair was not curly until....yes, I am going to say the 'p' word....puberty! Over the course of one summer, my hair went from a tangley, slightly wavy mess, to a head full of curly-q ringlet curls. It was pretty traumatizing at the time, but once I learned NOT to brush through it, I loved it! After I had the boys, my hair lost a lot of it's curliness. It is slowly coming back, but I don't think it will ever be as curly as it was in High School/early College.

5. I love traveling. Some of my favorite places include:
Pacific Coast Highway along California's coastline. This is one of my happy places.
Dominican Republic- THE most beautiful place I have ever seen.
Yosemite National Park, California- so diverse and awesome.
Westcliffe, Colorado- this little town tucked in the valley of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains is so quaint and perfect. I want to take a little vacation there one day. Maybe that's where Zach & I should go! hmm...
Zimbabwe, Africa- most beautiful people.
the Texas Hill Country. I love the rolling hills, the fat cows, the beautiful ranch homes, and the cute towns. I love driving from our house down to Austin or Houston. I pretty much love all of Texas, but especially the hill country.
Places I would love to go:
Alaska
Japan
New Zealand
Ireland
D.C.
Italy

6. This might sound totally strange, but I would love to live in an Amish community for a short amount of time. I am intrigued by their way of life, and I think I would learn a lot about simplifying life. Plus, it would be really cool to ride around in a horse drawn carriage! Just kidding....but seriously.

7. The only organized sport I have ever played is soccer. I started when I was 4 and stopped when I graduated High School. Growing up, I loved to play volleyball, softball, basketball, tennis, do gymnastics, run on the track....but I was so busy playing soccer that there was no time for the other stuff.

OK, those are my 7 Random Things. I hope you have enjoyed this as much as I have. There were some that didn't make the cut, so maybe I will do another one of these one day, but probably not.

I won't be blogging for about a week, so have a great Thanksgiving. We have so much to be Thankful for, and I hope that our lives reflect grateful hearts.

post signature

2 comments:

Sarah Cornett said...

I am VERY happy Alaska is at the top of your list for places to visit! And, I have always thought it would be cool to live in an Amish community too!

Kathy said...

It's so cool to see Sarah "Cornett"! wow, I could come up with some other random things about Kara... but perhaps Kara would rather that I not do that!